Long talk with David this morning. They are having trouble. Each has been seeing a psychologist and together they are seeing one for marriage counseling. Later Bela said she was not surprised; I said the same. We could both tell something was amiss at least a year ago. More, most likely. David said the counselor gave them instructions on how to tell the kids something and listen to what they have to say. They are trying to figure out when would be the best time to have that talk. Bela said she didn't know why she felt guilty and wondered what we could do. I seem to feel the same way. Both of us sad. Annie died only two years ago. I emphasized how much of a shock that was for Cécile, how it takes five years. Where did I hear that phrase?
Heavy day atmospherically too. Heavy gray skies, some rain, drizzle. I went to have my blood test draw at 2. Bought some milk on the way home. Left over pizza from last night for lunch.
Petie wrote early this morning, Ray now in hospital for liver trouble. On the right medicine, going to a rehab place to get stronger again.
Wanting to get into Motley Stones and have it work. Dick sent an essay from nyt by christopher nolan about the new odyssesy movie. I'm glad I read it (gift article--it opened); clear insight and some hope about the chaos we are living through. No---Christopher Nolan is the film director. Times review written by Ezra Klein. Dick has mentioned him before; highly regarded, big following. Political blogger, author of great deal, including essay "The Economic Mistake the Left Is Finally Confronting", as reflective of his approach in scrutinizing existing policies that run contrary to the goals of countering scarcity. He is vegan. Vegan!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment