how could I have forgotten? Post on Insta today reminds me that Handke's guide through geology was well prepared for by my years of fascination with the paintings of Per Kirkeby. I think he actually studied geology and his paintings took their orders directly from his visual and bodily experience of earth.
too a few photos this morning of the laying down of the beautiful central strip of black asphalt on the street outside Emerson Street nice complex answers show up to the question of what top grade asphalt is made of for northern new england
Kirsten gave a nice response after I told her about having my KB books bound in Spain -- "Wow--those are gorgeous! I love the raised spines and the marbleized endpapers. Ahhh. . . taking your books to be bound . . . the way life should be!
she had talked about her fascination (recent) with fine bibles and a guy on youtube who waxes eloquent about these books ---oh yess, of course full yapp !
when we were in Spain years ago I had all my Kenneth
Burke paperback books (new copies) bound in hardboards
with leather spines and one I had done in full leather
as with your alpagatas the craft of binding still existed
and was not really that expensive (50 years ago)
I love the backstory. And I can so relate. While you were doing a deep dive into the world of fancy fountain pens, I was obsessed with luxury bibles! Yes! There's a guy who reviews fancy bibles on youtube and blogs about them, and I got so sucked in. I have to wrack my brain to remember some of the lingo . . . speckled edges, double gilt lines, full yapp, Smyth-sewn, speckled edges . . . I bought three and had to restrain myself from buying more! Insane! They're lovely, though, and I use at least one of them regularly.
Your pens make me want to change my life. They're far nicer than the ones I had, none of which fill with a piston! I googled last night about how to fill the Lamy 2000 and gave it a try. Writes like a dream :) Looking forward to trying the Italian ones, and to getting some more ink so I can have a different color in each one.
Lucky me, thanks to you!"
----
reminder from Mid-State that my appointment with Fagan is tomorrow afternoon at 2. That will take out going to see the theater performance, but this week is not the big finale that next week will be so we hope that will be ok.
about 3 pm Dave told us they have decided to separate. They had a long zoom visit with Dr Souifi and came out of it with this decision
feeling pretty sad about it, we are. No idea what to do or say, how the remaining ten days will go, the kids will react
No comments:
Post a Comment