5:58 pm "snakes writhe on the rolled out carpet and in the fruit crate." Last line of Quitt. "They Are Dying Out." Perfect portrait of Twump. Published in 1973, performed in Zurich in 1974.
Have now completed my Handke project, so far as I know. Might re-read some at various times. The most satisfying period of reading in my life? Willing to say that, as pretentious as it might sound.
Moresco's tome now sits on the table. He was born in '47, some compare him to Pynchon and DeLillo.
Back cover says he "turns the stream-of-consciousness inside out and offers nothing interior. Maybe I will hate it! Before getting there, comfy 19th C stuff and older, in Motley Stones and Anton Reiser.
Bela thrilled. Her new fave writer, Maria Dueñas, has a tv series made in Morocco of her novel that Bela is now reading, La tiempo entre los costuras.
Dave and the kids are at Mick's tonight, Cécile with Claire in NY for a few days. NJ
"so strong was the hand that cast me forth from the attic of that seminary" omg, I'm in! attic. wasn't I dreaming last night about that fifth or sixth floor attic at Ammendale under which we sweltered in the summer heat in 1962 a few weeks after high school graduation. Just looked at photos--four stories with super high ceilings like Rounds Hall to bright light and air into the building, faux Italianate style. Since torn down. Francesco Pacifico's introductory essay excellent.
No comments:
Post a Comment