Wednesday, August 05, 2026

glorious day most perfect weather possible in NH

 air and temperature and light just so perfect with breeze to enliven more than more 


Moresco's first small chapter a pitch-perfect description evocation of life in the seminary/novitiate at Ammendale and of serving mass as an altar boy, preparing the priest as he prays and robes 

beautiful morning drive over the Kirsten's house, put the package in her mailbox then later trying to figure out the road pattern saw her walking with a friend and her dog, woven sun hat.  This evening am worried that someone might have mistaken the package for trash put in her mailbox so I emailed her to see if she had gotten it, fingers crossed!!!

hung out at the centera grocery, small california roll, some short walks, snooze in the car and reading a bit of Moresco and the Motley guy  Kids set to watch Jumanji 2 tonight.  During last night's showing I found out via google there is a difference between high concept comedy and low concept comedy.   

now the next day---still nice but mugging up more ----Ken's guests will have noticed the difference, is his party two or three days?  He's distributing his collection to the cousins and grand cousins.  

note to Kirsten

A few years ago I fell into a rabbithole (hopel that is the right idiom??!!) called the Goulet Pen company.  Gouletpens.com 
I've enjoyed fountain pens over the years but this site led me into the ultra nerdy world of chatter about pens and their fine points.  Oh, dear, that was low brow!  Fascinating to hear these people discuss craftsmanship, materials, flow, inks, paper etc etc.  I'm sure you already know much of the lingo.  Anyway, I ended up buying these.  Money right after covid was piling up and burning a hole in my neo-adolescent pockets.  Splurge and prove your existence
to someone out there in the marketplace of connoisseurs; I'm always a sucker for that class game.  

One is Japanese, the other two made in Italy.  The black one crafted with ash from Mt Vesuvius!, so you can use that one for your commentaries on antiquities and the Ancients.  The blue one made I think in Torino.  Which has a strange tower in the center of town, a century ago or so one of the wonders of the almost modern world.  They each have such different feels--what's the word used here?--- in the hand, and different results on paper.  

In spite of repeated resolutions I just don't have the patience or time to take proper care of them and use them.  You are a true aficionado and so they will have a good home in your keeping.  

Enjoy them.  
------
the gruesome opening pages of Anton Reiser as well as the plague pages in Motley Stones----of course they seem familiar:  Lentz must have quoted freely from both books in Schattenfroh--which I read last fall.  

And yes the vibrations in the house from the earthworks outside are upsetting.  So was getting poked for blood draw, photos to show how bruised my arm is.  And visitors from across the sea have brought with them all sorts of strange molecules into my well guarded fortress and keep.  Ceremonial cacao will help, of course, but pepto b will be called into service and duty as well.  

No comments: