Sunday, July 26, 2026

Sunday 26th noon sunlight

 big rains in Abq past few days, photos on Instagram.  Today, Saturday, sleepy day.  Hallmark movie on screen this evening, early.  

that was yesterday  today is Sunday, bright sun this morning 

tweet from Karun Pal  "Modern luxury is the ability to live quietly. No drama. No noise. No pretending to be someone you are not. Just living low-key. Reading. Thinking. Listening to music. Staring at walls. Going for walks. Watching old movies. Being bored. Working on your purpose. And feeling life deeply. That is peace." today Close enough to Lukacs saying in the future aristocrats will be those who enjoy privacy.

Earlier in the night or wee morning I got a thing about how I needed to go to Cold Spring with the new wheelchair to make sure it will fit through the doorway into the dressing room. For Rachel on Tuesday. I imagined going today but too many people around on a Sunday. Tomorrow I will go to the dump but both trash and wheelchair will not really fit into the car so I don't want to make two trips. Then I thought, after measuring upstairs bedroom doorway, you know I'm sure the opening is fine and Rachel is quite capable for handling any thing that arises. Let it go, let it be. Look out the window, go back to Handke's wandering prose wanderings. They were written just for me and only for me, no one else, no matter what the Nobel committee says. Should I order Moresco's first volume today or wait a week or so?

Handke brings in a tag from his seminary years in complaining about earworms--"At last I can be an innkeeper again!"? Thank goodness, that doesn't lend itself to becoming an earworm, unlike Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" or "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General"; it's as unsuitable, for instance, as "Simon of Cyrene Helps Jesus Bear the Cross." 135 a joke I'll bet very few contemporary readers would get Could send it to Burgo but he wouldn't pay it enough attention. Our Knight of Malta!!! Pretty remarkable, really, in terms of the people our paths have crossed with over the years. 82 now, pretty amazing in its own right.

my breakfast seemed too big this morning If I want to do one meal a day could I possibly make it be breakfast? Doubt that. Mid-day-ish? Or should I stay with grazing as primary mode? Ate a matcha mocha at breakfast, Can you tell? Caffeine rush brain all morning, even with Ashwaganda last night. Might take one of those now to taper down the matcha, even though I get the sense that I will not like two Ashwagandas a day, in the morning or one early, one later. The homeless in France usually answer it asked where did you spend the night: To the right, and to the left; to the left and to the right.



No comments: