Thursday, July 30, 2026

Thursday afternoon

early morning blood draw went well, for Va 

Michelle called about cruise details, L'Speza port will use tenders to get us on land---drive to Florence, Bela said Yes full steam ahead, I will step up and step down and walk the steps necessary on the gangplanks

Finished Rock Crystals by Adalbert Stifter  so clear a storytelling  Jack London's To Build a Fire must have been direct descendant of Stifter's genius.  Am still in the Preface section of Motley Stones and still moving through the two Handke plays, while also wondering if I will be able to read Anton Reiser with pleasure.  Main question otherwise is whether tomorrow will be a day off; have to see if Rachel will show after having the stomach ache earlier in the week.  Cécile down with a toothache at the Jersey shore and worried about paying.  She will have three days visiting Claire.  Ian Von Miller has a new chair design to order, much better design than the earlier model, and bursting with color.  I still have not written a reply note to Kith.  

Sturm und Drang  The book Anton Reiser belongs to this movement in literature.  Have I not always been fascinated by the phrase and wondered just exactly what it was all about?   Storm and Stress!  Or Reiser is a work that sees the movement coming without knowing just what it will be like.  

Rachel on for tomorrow so I will have the day off!!  what to do, where to go?  The detail about the tenders and the ship and the trip into Fierenze give me just one more thing to worry over, but, hey, don't worry.  Maybe I should invest in some CBD gummies for the trip.  I have the Aswaganda pills but I'm not convinced I really like what they do.  They create a brain fog, if that is the term, as much as anything else without really calming in a way that is helpful.  Does anything?  Whatever happens happens and what will be will be.  Back to Quietism, forward to Zen.  The compactor out in the street deciding to shimmer the ground under the house just now for a few more minutes before 6 pm and the workers go home.  Worried this morning about flights to Abq in January and which airlines and routes to choose.  Time to take off and wander the countryside a tiny bit tomorrow.   

No comments: