Wednesday, August 19, 2026

MRI today August 19

 

Interesting experience; wanted DFW to write an essay about it.  After, in the parking lot short chat with John Sheineman.  He stopped himself short explaining why he took his buy out from the college a year short of turning 65 saying "because I was tired of fucking. . . ."   I was glad to hear that.  He described instead what a great trip he had with his family driving around the great lakes and taking in three or four of the world cup games.  

On the message from Mid-State it doesn't seem possible to copy and paste.  So here is the key line

so far as I can tell:  "IMPRESSION: Mild frontoparietal atrophy.  Pontine and supratentorial white matter disease, likely the sequelae of microangiopathy.  No acute hemmorhage, infarct, mass effect, or midline shift."  

Now, do I wait for Mid-State to contact me and offer explanation and what to do?  Or do I ask google to explain the lingo and advise procedures?  

Stopped into Westcott Law to find out if we are in the computer.  Email said no.  Should I contact Dorcas can't recall her last name, now!  Dorcas Murphy?  She is no longer with Westcott.  

Rick Evans called while we were watching General Hospital.  All is well but he is sending documents to update beneficiaries for two of our accounts.  Wrote him back and said maybe we should update all the accounts to be safe.  

So the word disease has shown up.  What to do about it?  How significant is it?  Normal part of aging?  Angiopathy?  Diet? medicine?  Cut back, kick up, smooth out?  

AI says it might be about blood pressure and to stay active.  Walk more?  What about nsaids on daily basis?  or live with whatever and try movement rather than any pills?  

No comments: